Posted on: 30 January 2015
There are several online directories that list current franchise opportunities across the UK. The best place to start is the British Franchising Association, which lists all the accredited franchise brands that are currently looking for franchisees.
In addition to the BFA, you can also search franchise opportunities on the following websites:
Up and down the country franchise shows, fairs, seminars, open days, exhibitions, workshops and more are being hosted by those involved in the sector throughout the year.
Once you’ve made up your mind that becoming a franchisee is the best route forward for you, Sarah suggests attending more local events. “Regional shows avoid you wasting time talking to franchisors who don’t have opportunities available in your territory, as can be the case at the national shows,” she explains.
“A good place to start is the National Franchise Exhibition,” says Sarah Carlile, Director, Coconut Creatives.
“Which will give you an overall flavour for the sorts of people that franchisors are and the sorts of businesses they run.”
Use the content guide below to answer your franchising questions:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of franchising?
- Does my business suit the business model?
- What do I need to consider when setting up the franchise?
- What are my options for funding a franchise?
- How do I recruit the right franchisees?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages for the franchisee?
- Will I suit the franchise model?
- Where do I find franchise opportunities? (You are here)
- How do I choose the right franchise business?
- What questions should I ask before buying?
- How can I finance becoming a franchisee?
- How do I make my franchise successful?
Compare business insurance
The information and tools contained in this guide are of a general informational nature and should not be relied upon as being suitable for any specific set of circumstances. We have used reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the contents but the information and tools do not constitute professional advice and must not be relied upon as such. To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on the information or tools in our Insight Hub.