• Allianz
  • Aviva
  • Covea
  • Hiscox
  • NIG
  • QBE
  • RSA
  • Zurich
  • Feefo logo

Compare pub insurance

Pubs are full of joy and merriment, but every landlord knows that accidents can happen when you least expect. Each public house is unique in its nature, but as a busy landlord, finding time to arrange your pub insurance alongside running your business can be a challenge in itself.

That’s why we’ve taken the hassle out of arranging your cover, by offering recommendations based on your individual needs. We work closely with trusted insurers to get you a range of quotes and help you find the cover that’s right for you. Whether you’re hosting weddings and events, offering accommodation or taking part in beer festivals, we’ll find tailored cover to suit your livelihood.

Our advisors are on hand to make arranging insurance for pubs simple and hassle-free, ensuring you’re supported for the duration of your policy. So get in touch today to talk through your insurance requirements.

Why choose us?

  • Compare insurance quotes
    Right cover, right price
  • Expert advice in just one call
    Insurance tailored to your needs
  • Monthly payment options available
    Your business, your budget
  • Excellent customer service rating 
    Rated 4.6/5 based on 192 Feefo reviews

Get in touch with a
Pub Insurance advisor:

Or call:   

Insurance for pubs

Pubs carry their own unique risks, and require insurance that is tailored to meet their specific requirements. Pub insurance protects your livelihood against unforeseen events giving you peace of mind to focus on running your business.

Pubs carry risks for everyone involved, from staff to customers, and even neighbouring premises. There are many eventualities that could lead to a claim being made against you, so pub and bar insurance should be a priority.

Pubs come in many shapes and sizes, from wine bars to licensed cafés, restaurants or your local social club. Whatever your speciality, ensuring you have adequate protection for all your trading activities is fundamental to running your business.

Liability insurance for public houses

Public liability insurance can protect your customers against slips, trips or falls, and even food poisoning. You may be the most careful proprietor, but unfortunately accidents do happen. For example, spilled drinks could lead to injury and potentially large claims against you.

Similarly, if you employ bar staff within your business, it’s important to ensure their wellbeing at work and protect yourself against accidents or injury to your employees. Employers' liability, public liability and products liability insurance are typically built into a pub insurance policy to cover these unforeseen events ensuring you have the protection you need.

Pub insurance buildings and contents cover

If you rent or own the premises, then you may also need to protect your contents and buildings against fires, floods, storms and subsidence. All of your equipment will need to be covered, from kitchen equipment to bar stools, beer pumps to playgrounds. Landlords and landladies frequently occupy accommodation within the same premises, or even employ a resident manager. Either way, personal contents should be taken into account as well as the business belongings to ensure you have all the insurance cover you need to protect you.

You may even wish to consider adding loss of money insurance to your pub policy. This can protect your business if money is stolen or lost.

Business interruption insurance for pubs

Your public house insurance policy can include business interruption cover to protect your profit, fixed expenses and staff wages, should you suffer damage at your premises meaning you are unable to trade.

Loss of Licence insurance for pubs

In order to sell alcohol, public houses need to have an appropriate alcohol licence. A licence could be revoked or not renewed for a number of reasons outside of your control which is why it is important to protect your pub against such a loss.

Loss of licence insurance can offer protection following the suspension, withdrawal or forfeiture of your alcohol licence due to licensing regulations or refusal to renew by the licensing authority. It could cover you for both loss of profit and other expenses reasonably incurred to maintain your gross profit.

Get insurance quotes with Premierline

We have many years’ experience arranging public house insurance for pubs, inns and wine bars. As a result, we’ve really got to know the industry and the risks that you face. We're here to assess your business needs and compare quotes to find insurance that is a perfect fit for your pub. Speak to one of our advisors today who are happy to help.

Covers to consider:

  • Contents and stock
  • Public and products liability
  • Employers' liability
  • Loss of licence
  • Business interruption
  • Buildings cover

Get in touch with a
Pub Insurance advisor:

Or call:   

"I’ve used Premierline for my work insurance for a few years now. They always find me such competitive prices. As a small business owner I really couldn’t afford the prices when I looked online myself especially after having had no work for 7 weeks when Covid-19 first hit. So it was a huge relief to find a policy I could afford and be ready for when work started to pour in."

Mrs Bridger, Cleaning Contractor, Devon (Customer since April 2017)

"I rang Premierline just to check other insurance offers, after my sky high renewal from my previous insurer. The adviser was friendly and very easy to understand and talk to and he got me a fantastic deal. Very happy.”

Mrs McCall, Pet Shop, North Shields (Customer since January 2021)

"Overall, Premierline offered a great service in securing my annual Professional Indemnity insurance. It was a very simple process and everything was explained well."

Mr Jones, Marketing Consultancy, Manchester (Customer since September 2021)