Keeping your workspace safe with an extra screen
Dual PC monitor safety
If you are using two PC monitors, do the following:
- Only move your eyes when looking from screen to screen. Moving your head from side to side can cause neck problems with extended use. Consider moving your monitors further away from your seat for a wider view of both screens.
- Position the monitors so that the top of the screen is level with the eyes. This will stop the need to tilt the head whilst working, which could lead to neck injuries.
- Both monitors should be kept at the same height. If they are different sizes, try to keep the main focal point of the screens at the same level. If one of the screens is a laptop, use objects to lift the height of the laptop to the same height as the monitor.
- If possible, use flat panel monitors with small frames, as this will allow the screens to sit closer together, minimising the need to move the head, neck and shoulders.
- Both monitors should be using the same brightness, contrast and resolution settings to stop eyes from constantly straining.
- Take a to see if your workspace is suitable for use.
Considerations for using both monitors equally
If you are using both monitors for an equal amount of tasks, consider the following:
- Position the screens side-by-side with the keyboard directly in front of you.
- If you are inputting data from a physical document, sit the document between the two screens.
Considerations for a screen bias
If you use one screen more than the other, set up your workstation with the following considerations:
- Position the primary screen in front of you, with the secondary monitor positioned at a 30 degree angle no more than 30cm away from the centre of the keyboard.
- If you are inputting data from a physical document, position the document between the primary monitor and the keyboard.
Office insurance with Premierline
Finding the perfect cover that fully protects your business can be difficult if you don’t know what you need. Premierline is a broker who will assess your business’ needs to find the right insurance covers.